Architectural style refers to the characteristics reflected in the content and appearance of the architectural design, mainly in the original and perfect artistic conception shown in the architectural layout, form composition, artistic treatment and use of techniques. The architectural style is different due to the constraints of the politics, society, economy, building materials and construction technology of the times, and the influence of architectural design ideas, viewpoints and artistic qualities.
1. According to country (ethnicity) and region, Chinese style, Japanese style, Singapore style, British style, French style, American style, etc. is often summarized in a region, such as: European style, European and American style, Mediterranean style, Australian style, African style, Latin American style, etc.
2. According to the type of building, residential architectural style, villa architectural style, office building architectural style, commercial architectural style, religious architectural style, other public (such as school, museum, government office building) architectural style, etc.
3. Divided by construction method
(1) Gothic architectural style: Popular in the 1050-1550 centuries, it is mostly religious buildings. The main feature is the towering minaret, superhuman scale and complicated decoration, forming a unified and upward melody.
(2) Baroque architectural style: 1600-1760, he is almost the most luxurious and decorative architectural style, even if it is too complicated, it must be deliberately pursued.
(3) Rococo architectural style: 1750-1790, mainly originated in France, representing the last stage of the Baroque style, the main feature is the extensive use of semi-abstract decorations.
(4) Wooden slat architectural style: a pure American residential style, the main feature is the horizontal structure, wooden frame.
(5) Garden style: It has been popular since the 1970s. This style has been used as a conceptual hype in the Shenzhen market. Its characteristics are through environmental planning and landscape design, planting flowers and trees, improving greening, and creating garden landscapes around buildings.