Small desk size
Small desks are the same as ordinary desks and need to be ergonomic. The size of the desk and chair should be combined with the height and body shape used, so that it is beneficial to health, especially for growing children, a suitable small desk width size is more conducive to bone development.
In general, the standard for student desks is 1100-1200mm in length, 760mm in height, and 550-600mm in width. For small desks used by children under 14 years of age, the countertop should be at least 400*500mm. The height should be 580-710mm. The standard of the chair is 400-500mm seat height and the overall height not exceeding 800mm. This size can basically meet the needs of school-age children .
Small fixed desk: depth 450-700mm (600mm is the best), height 750mm.
Movable small desk: depth 650-800mm, height 750-780mm.
Single desk: Available depth * width 600*1100mm table top, table height 710-750mm, the table top to the bottom of the cabinet should not exceed 125mm, otherwise you will hit your legs when you get up.
How to choose a small desk
1. When purchasing a children’s desk, you should choose a desk that matches your child’s figure. It is best to choose a growth desk. The height of the desk can be changed according to the child’s physical development. However, most of the growth desks are independent desks and have poor functionality. Children’s rooms with small space are not recommended.
2. The most important point when purchasing, the design of the desk must be in line with ergonomics, which is convenient for cultivating children to maintain good sitting posture and eye habits, which is conducive to the growth and development of children.
3. In the choice of materials, we must choose safe and reliable children’s environmental protection furniture. Among them, children’s solid wood furniture is a good choice, which is environmentally friendly and healthy, and has a strong texture, wear resistance, and scratch resistance. In addition, the desk must use environmentally friendly paint and environmentally friendly glue to avoid the volatilization of harmful substances and affect the children’s physical and mental health.
4. The details of the desk should not be ignored. Avoid choosing children’s desks with a hard metal surface, and the sharp corners need special treatment to prevent unnecessary harm to children in their daily lives.
5. There are many types of children’s desks. The traditional desk is the most popular with parents and children. The traditional desk is generally a combination of a desk and a bookshelf. The advantage is that it can store a lot of books, which saves space and is convenient to take. Among the traditional desks, the corner desk is also popular. It can perfectly combine the desk with the computer desk, which is comfortable, convenient and entertaining.
6. When choosing a children’s desk, you must match the design style and color of the children’s room, consider the size, and avoid buying it and not using it. In addition, it is best to bring your baby when buying a desk, because you may not know the world of children, let alone their inner preferences. In most cases, boys prefer blue and girls prefer pink. In fact, there are many colors for you to choose, such as simple and clean ivory white, harmonious and natural olive green and so on.