The details of the bathroom waterproofing: 1. Level the bathroom floor first. If you want to replace the floor tiles of the bathroom, after cutting off the original floor tiles, you must first level the ground with cement mortar, and then do waterproof treatment. This can prevent leakage of the waterproof paint due to uneven thickness. 2. Wall treatment is also very important. In the general waterproof treatment of the bathroom, a waterproof coating of about 30 cm high should also be used on the wall to prevent the accumulation of water from bleeding through the wall.
But if the wall of the bathroom is a non-load-bearing light-body wall, the entire wall must be covered with waterproof coating. If your home uses a two-leaf shower screen, the two connected walls should also be painted. If you use a bathtub in your home, the wall adjacent to the bathtub should have a higher waterproof material than the upper edge of the bathtub. 3. The joints should be painted in place. The joints between the bathroom walls and the ground and the joints between the water pipes and the ground are the most prone to problems. During construction, workers must be urged to handle these corners and corners, and all waterproof coatings must be applied “in place”.
4. Keep the water flowing smoothly. All sewer pipes in the bathroom, including floor drains and sanitary ware sewer pipes, must be kept unobstructed. 5. Waterproof experiment must be done. After the toilet construction is completed, block all the water in the toilet and build a 25 cm high “ridge” at the door, and then pour 20 cm high water into the toilet. After 24 hours, check the surrounding walls and ground for leakage. This kind of 24-hour waterproof experiment is the key to ensuring the quality of the bathroom waterproofing project and must be done.
Note for bathroom waterproofing: 1. Do not destroy the original waterproof layer during hydropower renovation: Generally speaking, as long as the new house that the decoration owner passes the quality inspection, the waterproof layer has been made, but many decoration owners will Renovate the layout of the bathroom and the water pipeline, so consumers must emphasize to the decoration workers not to damage the original waterproof layer when supervising the construction. If the original waterproof layer is unavoidable, it must be repaired or even redone.
Waterproof works to ensure that there will be no leakage. 2. Choose the right waterproof material: The waterproof material recommended by the Ministry of Construction is a one-component environmentally friendly polyurethane coating, mainly because this coating can tightly wrap the pipe and the ground, penetrate into the gap, and will not shrink after drying. Rigid materials such as waterproof cement are more suitable for use in small-area houses with pipes and gaps in the bathroom. The material cost of this kind of paint is about 50-60 yuan per square meter, which is a price that the general decoration owners can afford.
3. Do not apply waterproof material on rainy days: In order to have a good waterproof effect, the waterproof paint must be applied three times. The dry-out period of the one-component environmentally friendly polyurethane paint is about 3 to 4 days. If it is applied on a rainy day Brush with waterproof material, and the effect of waterproof coating will not be very good. 4. Waterproof the ground: Before laying the floor tiles, we must do a good job of waterproofing; after the tiles are laid, ensure that the brick surface has a drain slope (usually about 1%), and the slope faces the floor drain, which is beneficial waste water disposal. Fifth, make the wall waterproof: when the bathroom takes a bath, water will splash on the adjacent wall. If there is no waterproof layer protection, the next wall and the opposite corner wall are prone to damp and mildew.
Therefore, it is necessary to make the wall waterproof before laying wall tiles. Generally, the wall should be 30 cm high in waterproof treatment. However, for non-load-bearing lightweight walls, the entire wall should be waterproofed, at least To be 1.8 meters high. 6. Waterproof inspection must be done: After the waterproofing project is completed, for the sake of safety, it is still necessary to do a waterproofing inspection. If the waterproofing inspection fails, it must not be improvised. The construction team must redo the waterproofing project. If possible, please ask Professional decorators help supervise the progress of the waterproofing project.
Toilet waterproof method: 1. Look for a slope in the direction of the floor drain on the ground, either cement mortar or peas, but the surface should be flat. The slope near the door is small, and the slope near the floor drain is large, which should be mastered according to the specific situation. 2. The pipeline penetrates the root of the floor to strengthen waterproofing. Seal the pipe root building sealant tightly, after the cement is smoothed to protect the feet, and the waterproof coating is applied with glass cloth reinforcement layer 1~2 layer. The same measures are taken near the floor drain.
3. The wall surface is clean and smooth without floating dust or small particles, and small original corners or slope corners are applied at the junction of the wall and the ground. Apply 1~2 layers of glass cloth reinforcement layer when applying waterproof coating.
4. The total thickness of the polyurethane waterproof coating film is required to be more than 1.5 mm. It cannot be determined by the number of passes. Brush the pipe roots and the corner reinforcement layer first, and then brush and scrape a large area after the surface is dry for 4 hours at room temperature. There must be no leakage or bubbling. Brush the large area for 24 hours and then apply the next layer after curing. Brush the facade first and then the flat surface, and the next brushing direction is perpendicular to the previous one. When the final coating is semi-cured, the coarse sand particles are tossed to facilitate the subsequent combination with cement mortar.
5. The waterproof layer on the ground should be painted 300 wide beyond the entrance of the bathroom. The waterproof floor waterproof layer should be 200 higher than the ground, and the wall waterproof layer of the bathroom with shower should be 1800 higher than the ground (L8 recommends that the wall be waterproof). 6. Do the closed water test according to the requirements. There is a way of covering the riser (the method of covering the riser is detailed in the old post of L8). It is recommended to do the covering of the riser after the waterproofing is completed, and then the partial waterproofing shall be done again, if the ground waterproofing is not damaged Layer, avoiding closed water experiment.